Mytek Manhattan DAC II
Mytek Manhattan DAC II
The Manhattan DAC II replaces the original Manhattan DAC as Mytek's flagship digital to analogue converter. It sounds stunning and offers a flexible feature set. In its standard configuration, it can be used as a preamplifier and top quality DAC. However, it can be enhanced with an optional Roon Ready network card and/or a MM/MC phono stage.
Manhattan II is a reference USB/network DAC and preamplifier with MQA decoder, 384kbps PCM and DSD256, phono and line level analogue preamplifier and a reference headphone amplifier. It integrates digital streaming and analogue playback for reference listening on headphones and speakers. The optional MM/MC phono card integrates vinyl playback. The optional Roon Ready network card turns the DAC into a streamer. Features include:
- Second generation Manhattan II electronics, large sonic improvement over previous model
- Newest, world's highest performance Sabre chipset
- Beautiful contemporary high-end enclosure design
- High Current 1.6 Amp, High Transient, Dual Mono state of the art Headphone Amp easily drives most demanding headphones.
- 32 bit conversion
- PCM 384k
- MQA decoder
- Oversized dual separate digital/analog power supplies
- Femto clock technology
- USB Audio Class 2 driverless 32 bit USB input
- Ultra Transparent Preamp Function with multiple digital and analog inputs
- Optional MM/MC phono card
- Optional Roon Ready network card
- 2 year warranty
You can find the latest Manhattan DAC II manual and firmware updates here.
- Herb Reichert for Stereophile
- CONVERSION: PCM up to 384k, 32bit, MQA, native DSD up to DSD256, DXD, 130dB Dynamic Range
- MQA Hi-Res DECODER: built in certified hardware MQA ® decoder
- DIGITAL INPUTS: USB2 Class2 (OSX, Linux driverless, all formats), AES/EBU (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), Toslink/ADAT, 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), SDIF3 DSD up to DSD256
- ANALOG INPUTS: RCA Line In switchable to Phono with Optional Phono Card insterted, second pair of RCA Line In, third pair XLR Balanced Line In. Analog inputs are router through minimalpath state of the art analog attenuator directly to analog and headphone outputs.
- ANALOG OUTPUTS: RCA, balanced XLR, simultaneous, 50 Ohm impedance
- HEADPHONE OUTPUTS: Reference High Current, High transient Headphone Amp, 500mA, 6 Watts, 0 Ohm out impedance. Dual headphone jacks, designed to drive demanding headphones. Balanced operation w/optional Mytek adapter.
- BUILT-IN ATTENUATOR: Choice of 1dB step analog attenuator for main out and headphones, 1dB step digital 32bit attenuator or purist relay bypass.
- CLOCK: “Mytek Femtoclock Generator (tm)” 0.82ps internal jitter, Wordclock Input and Output (allows stacking multiple units for multichannel operation, includes mch DSD)
- AUDIO RECORDING FUNCTION FOR DIGITAL SOURCES: All digital inputs can be routed into computer via USB2. Allows connection of external digital sources such as CD Players and digitizing ADCs.
- REMOTE: Included, universal remote capable
- FIRMWARE: Upgradable via USB Control Panel App (Win and Mac)
- OPTIONAL PRECISION PHONO ANALOG PREAMP CARD: High End M/M, M/C Phono Preamplifier with custom nickel core step up transformer , relay switchable and tunable. Input impedances, transformer ratio, RIAA curves and choice of gain can be changed within the menu or using the remote via relay switches. Optional card is sold separately and is user installable.
- OPTIONAL "ROON READY" NETWORK/Wi-Fi CARD: Turns the Manhattan II into network streamer with 24/192k andDSD64 maximum throughput. Compatible w/ Roon, Airplay, DLNA/UpnP, Spotify Connect, IOS, Android
- POWER SUPPLY: Switchable 115/230VAC (100V Japanese version available)
- DIMENSIONS: WxDxH=17"x10.5"x1.95"=432x267x50mm
- WEIGHT: 16lbs, 8kg
- WARRANTY: 2 years