Mytek Brooklyn DAC+
Mytek Brooklyn DAC+
The Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ builds on the many successes of the original Brooklyn DAC. It has all of the same great features, but with redesigned and enhanced conversion, analogue and power supply circuits. The net result is an even lower noise floor to resolve even the most delicate details and an overall improvement in sound quality. It can be used as a line level DAC, a preamplifier, a MM/MC phono stage, a headphone amplifier or all of these. It is supports PCM up 32 bit / 384kHz, DSD up to DSD256 and full unfolding of Master Quality Authentication (MQA) audio.
Improvements include the new Sabre 9028PRO DAC chipset for enhanced resolution and better digital filter options, upgraded headphone amplifier, better L/R separation, larger capacity power supply and new, very transparent analogue attenuator circuit.
All these quality improvements result in even more convincing digital PCM, DSD and MQA playback and streaming as well as state of the art M/C, M/M Phono musical experience. The Brooklyn DAC+’s new headphone circuitry performance challenges many dedicated headphone amplifiers.
A lot of praise was written about the Brooklyn DAC, which has sold many thousands of units since the launch of MQA. The new Brooklyn DAC+ provides users with benefits of the newest conversion technologies, while retaining the amazing versatility and affordability that the original Brooklyn DAC has been praised for.
- Karl Sigman for Audiophilia
You can find the latest Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ manual and firmware updates here.
Conversion: up to 384k, 32bit PCM, native DSD up to DSD256, DXD, 130dB Dynamic Range
MQA hi-res decoder: built in certified hardware MQA™ decoder
- Digital inputs: USB2 Class2 (OSX, Linux driverless, all formats), AES/EBU (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), Toslink/ADAT 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), SDIF3 DSD up to DSD256
- Clock: “Mytek Femtoclock Generator™” 0.82ps internal jitter, Wordclock Input and Output (allows stacking multiple units for multichannel operation, includes mch DSD)
- Analogue outputs: RCA, balanced XLR, simultaneous, 50 Ohm impedance
- Headphone outputs: Reference High Current, high transient headphone amp, 500mA, 6 Watts, dual headphone jacks, designed to drive hard to drive headphones.
- Built-in attenuator: Choice of 1dB step analogue attenuator, separate for main out and head- phones, 1dB step digital 32 bit attenuator and purist relay bypass.
- Built-in analogue preamplifier: Line level input or phono MM, MC input, relay controlled.
- Audio interface function: All digital inputs can be routed into computer via USB2. Allows connection of external digital sources such as CD Players and digitizing ADCs.
- Remote: Included, universal remote capable
- Firmware: Upgradable via USB Control panel
- Worldwide power supply
- Optional DC/battery power input: 12VDC
- Dimensions: WxDxH=8.5x8.5x1.74”=216x216x44mm
- Weight: 4lbs, 2kg
- Warranty: 2 years