Mytek Brooklyn DAC
Mytek Brooklyn DAC
Brooklyn is a reference USB DAC, line and phono analogue preamplifier and a reference headphone amplifier. It integrates digital and vinyl hi-res playback for reference listening on headphones and speakers.
Designed in New York, Brooklyn is the only reasonably priced high end DAC with MQA hardware decoder needed to hear full original resolution of Tidal Masters.
- Vade Forrester for SoundStage! Ultra
- The Computer Audiophile
- Jim Austin for Stereophile
- Steven Stone for The Absolute Sound
- Andrew Harrison for HiFi Critic
- The Hans Beekhuyzen Channel (video)
- Dirk Sommer for Positive Feedback
- Erik Squires for Audiogon
- Jason Kennedy for The Ear
- Marja & Henk for Six Moons
- Dries Van Hooydonck for HiFi Opinions
- Conversion: up to 384k, 32bit PCM, native DSD up to DSD256, DXD, 130dB Dynamic Range
- MQA decoder: built in certified hardware MQA (tm) decoder
- Digital inputs: USB2 Class2 (OSX, Linux driverless, all formats), AES/EBU (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), Toslink/ADAT 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), SDIF3 DSD up to DSD256
- Clock: “Mytek Femtoclock Generator (tm)” 0.82ps internal jitter, Wordclock Input and Output (allows stacking multiple units for multichannel operation, includes mch DSD)
- Analogue outputs: RCA, balanced XLR, simultaneous, 50 Ohm impedance
- Headphone outputs: Reference High Current, High transient Headphone Amp, 500mA, 6 Watts, dual headphone jacks, designed to drive hard to drive headphones.
- Built-in volume control: Choice of 1dB step analog attenuator, separate for main out and head- phones, 1dB step digital 32 bit attenuator and purist relay bypass.
- Built-in analogue preamplifier: Line level input or Phono M/M, M/C input, relay controlled.
- Audio interface function: All digital inputs can be routed into computer via USB2. Allows connection of external digital sources such as CD Players and digitizing ADCs.
- Remote: Included, universal remote capable
- Firmware: Upgradable via USB Control panel
- Worldwide power supply
- Optional DC/battery power input: 12VDC
- Dimensions: 8.5" x 8.5" x 1.74” / 216mm x 216mm x 44mm (W x D x H)
- Weight: 4lbs, 2kg
- Warranty: 2 years