Mytek Brooklyn ADC
Mytek Brooklyn ADC
The Brooklyn ADC is Mytek's best ever analogue to digital converter. Designed for professional mastering, it is also a powerful tool for ripping and archiving analogue music collections, and for transparent integration of analogue and digital components.
BROOKLYN ADC is Mytek's best sounding ever new A/D converter designed specifically for most demanding mastering and recording applications where transparency of conversion and accuracy of detail are of the highest importance. Dual mono ADC chipsets with fully balanced signal path and conversion are sampling audio at 12 MHz, with a choice of high resolution audio output formats: up to 384kHz /32 bit and DSD 256.
Brooklyn ADC is the first commercially available ADC to feature built in MQA Kernel (TM) to be used for mastering to MQA streaming format. Together with the Brooklyn DAC , there is a set of mastering converters capable of capturing the finest details of music like never before with practical workflow enabling easy mastering in a variety of Hi-Res formats, including MQA. Brooklyn ADC offers a choice of input flavours: electronic line level or passive nickel transformer as well as optional high performance mic or phono input.
- PCM up to 384kHz,
- 32 bit, DSD256 with simultaneous formats on output, including USB.
- Transparent line level (electronic) or passive nickel transformer with saturation control.
- Mic or phono input (optional plug in cards).
- Inputs accessible from both back and front panels.
- ADAT/Toslink (up to 192k, 24 bit)
- SDIF DSD
- USB2 Class2 (All formats up to 32 bit, no drivers required for Mac or Linux, bidirectional interface function
- with digital out on AES)
- Built in MQA compliant filters and dithering
Control Panel one button HiRes recording
- Mac or Win app enabling control of all settings from a computer via USB.
- Features one button simultanoeus maximum resolution PCM and DSD recording without a DAW and easy flash firmware upgrades.
- <1ps jitter Mytek Femtoclock (tm) generator.
- Wordclock I/O
- Worldwide 30W power supply 100-240V 50/60 Hz.
- Optional 12VDC power input (2.5mm, inner +)
- 4 lbs (2kg)
- 8.5” x 8.5” x 1U (W x D x H)
Conversion: up to 384k, 32bit PCM, native DSD up to DSD256, DXD, 130dB Dynamic Range
MQA hi-res decoder: built in certified hardware MQA™ decoder
- Digital inputs: USB2 Class2 (OSX, Linux driverless, all formats), AES/EBU (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), Toslink/ADAT 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), SDIF3 DSD up to DSD256
- Clock: “Mytek Femtoclock Generator™” 0.82ps internal jitter, Wordclock Input and Output (allows stacking multiple units for multichannel operation, includes mch DSD)
- Analogue outputs: RCA, balanced XLR, simultaneous, 50 Ohm impedance
- Headphone outputs: Reference High Current, high transient headphone amp, 500mA, 6 Watts, dual headphone jacks, designed to drive hard to drive headphones.
- Built-in attenuator: Choice of 1dB step analog attenuator, separate for main out and head- phones, 1dB step digital 32 bit attenuator and purist relay bypass.
- Built-in analogue preamplifier: Line level input or phono MM, MC input, relay controlled.
- Audio interface function: All digital inputs can be routed into computer via USB2. Allows connection of external digital sources such as CD Players and digitizing ADCs.
- Remote: Included, universal remote capable
- Firmware: Upgradable via USB Control panel
- Worldwide power supply
- Optional DC/battery power input: 12VDC
- Dimensions: WxDxH=8.5x8.5x1.74”=216x216x44mm
- Weight: 4lbs, 2kg
- Warranty: 2 years