Melco Audio N1ZS/2 Music Library
Melco Audio N1ZS/2 Music Library
Melco music libraries are designed from the ground up to provide the best possible storage platform for your digital music collection. They can be used as UPnP/DLNA servers, serving content to one or more network streamers or other UPnP clients, or as digital transports connected directly to a USB DAC. With the addition of a USB CD ROM drive, they offer bit perfect CD ripping. Backing up your music collection to a USB memory stick or hard disk drive is a breeze. They are easy to install, even if you are not especially computer literate, but we can provide as much help as you need or even preconfigure your Melco product prior to delivery.
Melco N1Z/2 is the flagship of the new Mk2 series. True audiophile source components designed for both Ethernet connected Players (Streamers) and for connection to a USB connected DAC. The N1Z/2 is constructed as a true Hi-Fi source component with heavy anodised aluminium chassis sections bead blasted to a delightful finish, and with an internal rigid H frame to isolate vibration and isolate the various sections of the hardware. Twin power supplies with additional capacitor banks with audio grade film capacitors isolate the SDDs from the data processing, and multiple stages of noise reduction and isolation ensure the quietest possible environment for the sensitive electronics. A precision low jitter clock handles the data flow to the USB DAC or the Ethernet player. The drives are mounted on massive non-magnetic foundation plate and uses drives which are specifically optimised for sound quality. The N1Z/2 uses small form factor drives, which produce much less electrical noise than conventional 3.5 inch drives. Operation of the N1Z is very convenient, with a dedicated Neutrik USB 2.0 port for a DAC, and then 3 USB 3.0 ports for easy backup, expansion, import of from CD or USB drives, or playback without import from USB drives or CD so that a legacy CD collection can benefit from the latest DAC technology. All without any requirement for a PC or any IT devices.
- Andrew Everard and Paul Miller for Hi-Fi News
- Heavy aluminium extrusions, bead blasted to a beautiful anodised finish
- High stability noise eliminating H cross-frame construction for mechanical integrity
- Single press power button – same as Hi-Fi components and unlike any IT device
- Comfortable front panel buttons with positive click for easy operation
- OLED display to reduce internal noise
- Rear USB 3.0 ports – back, expansion, USB DAC or easy import from flash drive, CD drive or HDD
- 3 pole IEC mains inlet with true electrical ground to define source component as ground point, and internal power-line noise filter.
- TAOC vibration isolating feet
- Dual Ethernet ports - dedicated PLAYER port and LAN port
- Direct Mode allows N1 to connect to Player without a router (Melco assigns IP address to Player)
- RJ-45 with low noise light pipe LED indicators
- Micro miniature high performance network pulse transformers
- Audio grade ultra-low jitter internal data clock
- High data integrity and precision low jitter clock buffer
- FPGA voltage control system
- Simply connect a USB DAC to the dedicated port to use the N1Z/2 as a player and transport
- Play local stored music or stream music to a UPnP player
- Control and music selection from the front panel OLED display
- Control from your favourite iOS or Android App
- Low noise 2 x 30W medical grade power supplies and capacitor banks with audio grade film capacitors
- Dedicated supply for HDD and signal processing electronics to isolate noise
- 3 pole IEC mains inlet with noise filters maintain a noise free environment. Signal ground terminal defines the N1Z as the system source
- Revised internal wiring harness and noise isolation
- 2 x 1TB (2TB) solid state drives with selectable RAID level.
- 2nd Generation Audio Grade SSD. Totally unlike IT drives - new NAND array audio dedicated controller
- Precision slow data writing and self-integrity check
- SSDs are mounted on heavy non-magnetic foundation within an isolated compartment of the H frame and is powered by a dedicated power supply