Hegel Röst Integrated Amplifier
Hegel Röst Integrated Amplifier
Röst is the first of Hegel's next generation integrated amplifiers. It represents everything that Hegel has learned about amplifier design and is a showcase for all of their latest technologies. The Hegel Röst combines an integrated amplifier with a built-in DAC and streamer. With 75 watts per channel and a damping factor in excess of 2,000, it offers enough power and grip to drive all but the most challenging loudspeakers. It offers single ended and balanced analogue inputs, coax, optical and USB digital inputs, as well as built-in AirPlay and UPnP/DLNA streaming. A true do-it-all amplifier!
Röst (pronounced "rost" or "roost" depending on which part of Norway you hail from) is the name of one of Norway's most beautiful islands. Way up north in Lofoten, about as far out from the mainland as you can get. The name fits like a glove. Röst can also mean "voice", and the Röst is truly the "voice of Hegel". With the patented SoundEngine amplifier technology, highly advanced preamplifier and delicately designed DAC, the Röst sounds fluidly natural and dynamic. It preserves all the tiny details that create the feeling of being there, and delivers deep, thundering bass when needed. The Röst easily connects to any device you want - a CD player, a streamer, a computer or perhaps a Google ChromeCast Audio? You can connect your iPhone, Macbook or even an Apple TV using AirPlay. Or maybe integrate a Bluesound Node 2 or an Auralic Aries Mini? The choice is yours. Hegel Röst is designed to make everyday devices sound as good as possible, and to make audiophile devices sound even better. We achieve this using proprietary technology developed in-house by Hegel.
The Röst is available in a smooth, white, painted, aluminium and steel chassis. Even the knobs are made of solid aluminium, and have the same comfortable touch. Together with the white, slightly dimmed OLED display, this is a unit you would happily have on show in the home. Ready to be used with your speakers or headphones. The Röst comes with a remote control, made from a solid block of aluminium, but is also IP-controllable and may be integrated in most smart-home solutions. If you have experience in writing code, you can even get access to the IP control table and write your own control systems. Note that we do not offer support on that.
- Hegel Rost Brochure
- Latest Hegel Röst Manual
- USB audio computer setup guides for Apple macOS and Ubuntu
- Music streaming guides for iOS and Android
- TIDAL Masters (MQA) Guide
- Oliver Amnuayphol for SoundStage!
- Al Griffin for SoundStage!
- Chris Ward for Hi-Fi Choice
- Nick Tate and Paul Miller for Hi-Fi News
- Alan Sircom for Hi-Fi+
- Trevor Butler for The Ear
- Power output: 2 x 75 W into 8 Ohms
- Minimum load: 2 Ohms
- Analog inputs: 1 x balanced (XLR), 2 x unbalanced (RCA)
- Digital inputs: 1 x coaxial S/PDIF, 3 x optical S/PDIF, 1 x USB, 1 x Network
- Line level output: 1 x unbalanced variable (RCA)
- Frequency response: 5 Hz - 100 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: More than 100 dB
- Crosstalk: Less than -100 dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.01% @ 50 W 8 Ohms 1kHz
- Intermodulation: Less than 0.01% (19 kHz + 20 kHz)
- Damping factor: More than 2,000 (main power output stage)
- Dimensions: 8cm (10cm w/feet) x 43cm x 31cm (HxWxD)
- Weight: 12kg shipment weight