Hegel HD12 DAC
Hegel HD12 DAC
Introducing the next generation of Hegel digital to analogue converters. The HD12 combines great new functionality with greatly improved sound quality.
A brand new USB interface allows you to use all common sampling frequencies up to 24 bit / 192 kHz. Also, this new interface allows playback of native DSD files, without conversion to PCM. Furthermore, the HD12 has equal quality on the 2 optical and 1 coaxial inputs. Versatility - With an HD12 you can upgrade virtually any system to Hegel standards. There is a very high quality headphone output, regular RCA phono outputs as well as true balanced XLR outputs. This means you can connect to any receiver/amplifier and/or subwoofer. However, the built-in and remote-controlled volume attenuator also allows direct connection to a pair of active loudspeakers or to a power amplifier.
New research in the digital domain has resulted in extremely low jitter levels. In particular, great improvements have been made to "skirting", a distortion that reduces the timing and precision in the sound. You hear it very well in drums and dynamic elements of the music. Another large improvement comes in the analogue part of the DAC. We are talking about a noise floor of -145dB. It means the HD12 brings out so much more of those tiny details that suck you in to the music. Quite simply a significant upgrade and a remarkable DAC.
- Digital inputs: Coaxial / optical up to 24bit / 192kHz, USB up to 24bit / 192kHz
- DSD capability: DSD64
- Dac IC / digital filter: 32 bit
- Output signal level: 2.5V RMS (at 0dBFS)
- Digital inputs: 1 coaxial, 2 optical and 1 USB-B (2.0)
- Analog outputs: XLR balanced and RCA / phono unbalanced/ headphone
- Frequency response: 0Hz - 50kHz
- Phase response: Linear phase analog filter
- Noise floor: -145dB
- Distortion: Typically less than 0.0005%
- Power supply: Internal toroidal transformer and 20,000uF capacitors
- Dimensions/weight: 6cm x 21cm x 26cm (HxWxD) / 3.5kg