Auralic VEGA DAC
Auralic VEGA DAC
The Auralic Vega DAC is a high quality digital to analogue converter offering no compromise sound quality. With a wide range of inputs and powerful features, it will become the core component of your high end stereo system. It provides a choice of volume controlled or line level analogue outputs using balanced XLR or standard RCA connectors.
With Sanctuary Audio Processor as heart, AURALiC introduces several cutting-edge technology for VEGA: Megahertz upsampling algorithm up-samples all PCM music to 1.5MHz in 32bit; Femto Master Clock provides an ultimate clock precision with jitter only 82 femtoseconds(0.082 picosecond). Binding with other AURALiC's patented technologies such as 'ORFEO Class-A module' and discrete 'Purer-Power™ solution', VEGA will bring high resolution music playback experience to climax.
VEGA supports all high resolution music formats including DXD(352.8KS/s, 384KS/s in 32bit) as well as DSD stream at 2.8224MHz and 5.6448MHz. Five digital inputs include AES/EBU, coaxial(set of two), toslink and USB. The balanced and single-ended analog outputs can connect to power amplifier directly, adjusting volume in digital precision without dynamic loss.
The Flexible Filter Mode embedded inside VEGA has six modes, each contains several digital filters optimised for corresponding sampling rate. These filters are solely developed by AURALiC to optimise the listening experience for different music and format. VEGA allows its user to customise according to different music formats, tuning sound best to personal preference.
- John Atkinson for Stereophile
- Chris Martens for The Absolute Sound
- Hi-Fi News
- Rob Johnson for TONEAudio
- Scot Hull for Part-Time Audiophile
- Chris Heinonen and David Rich for Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity
- Jürgen Schröder for Stereoplay (German)
- Christian Rechenbach for HiFi Einsnull (German)
- John Darko for Digital Audio Review
- Michael Lavorgna for AudioStream
- Srajan Ebaen for Six Moons
- 20 - 20KHz, +/- 0.1dB
- <0.00015%, 20Hz-20KHz at 0dBFS
- 130dB, 20Hz-20KHz, A-weighted
- 1 x AES/EBU
- 2 x Coaxial
- 1 x Toslink
- 1 x USB 2.0 buffered by ActiveUSB™
- 1 x Balanced XLR (output impedance 4.7ohm)
- 1 x Single-ended RCA (output impedance 50ohm)
Supported Digital Formats
- All PCM from 44.1KS/s to 384KS/s in 32Bit**
- DSD64, DSD128, DSD256***
- 4Vrms at Max. with dynamic-loss-free digital volume
- AURALiC RC-1 remote control
- 512 x 64 pixels OLED Display
- Standby: <2W
- Sleep: <10W
- Playback: 15W at max.
- 11'' x 9'' x 2.6'' / 33cm x 23cm x 6.5cm (W x D x H)
- 7.5 pounds / 3.4kg