Auralic ARIES MINI Streamer
Auralic ARIES MINI Streamer
The Aries Mini may be Auralic's smallest and lowest cost streamer, but it is certainly no lightweight in the sound quality stakes. The Aries Mini supports a wide range of streaming technologies and services. It includes a variety of digital and analogue outputs and a very capable built-in DAC. You can even install a 2.5" SDD or HDD drive into its built-in bay and use it as a music server.
The Auralic Aries Mini wireless streaming node is ideal for adding streaming capabilities to an existing hi-fi system. It offers most of the features of the original Aries wireless streaming bridge, but is also equipped with a high quality Sabre DAC and a built-in bay for an optional 2.5" hard disk drive (HDD) or solid state drive (SSD). The Aries Mini's analogue outputs can be switched between line level and volume control modes, allowing it to be used as a high quality preamplifier.
Aries Mini can stream high resolution music quickly and wirelessly in virtually any sampling rate, including the very latest quad-rate DSD and DXD. It is powered by AURALiC's proprietary Tesla hardware platform that includes a quad-core ARM Coretex A9 processor running at 1GHz, 512MB DDR3 onboard memory and 4GB internal storage. It can decode and play back pretty much any audio format, including AAC, AIFF, ALAC, APE, DIFF, DSF, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WAV, WV and WMA. It supports streaming from local sources as well as Tidal, Qobuz and Internet radio. It also supports AirPlay and Bluetooth audio streaming.
In common with the Aries and all of AURALiC's other streaming products, the Aries Mini can be controlled with the free Lightning DS iOS app. It can also be controlled from third party OpenHome and UPnP-compatible control point apps, such as BubbleUPnP.
- Simon Wilce for Hifi & Music Source
- Dan Worth for Hifi Pig
- John Darko for Digital Audio Review
- Jason Kennedy for The Ear
- Computer Audiophile
- The Hans Beekhuyzen Project
- Local uPnP/DLNA library content
- TIDAL, Qobuz and WiMP online streaming
- Internet Radio
- AirPlay, Songcast and Bluetooth
- USB hard drive files
- Optional internal HDD/SSD
- Roon Ready (coming soon)
Supported File Types
- AAC, AIFF, ALAC, APE, DIFF, DSF, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WAV, WV and WMA
- PCM in 44.1Khz - 384Khz at 16 - 32bits
- DSD64, DSD128, DSD256
- AURALiC Lightning DS
- OpenHome and UPnP-compatible control point software
Media Server Compatibility
- Built-in Lightning Server
- Minimserver, Twonky, Asset UPnP, JRiver
- DLNA/UPnP compatible server software
- RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet
- Dual-Band WiFi connection
- USB 2.0 High-Speed for external disk
- USB 2.0 High-Speed for compatible DAC
- S/PDIF (Coaxial and TOSLINK)
- Playback: 10W at max.
- Approx. 5.3"W x 5.3"D x 1.1"H (13.5cm x 13.5cm x 2.8cm)
- 1.1 pounds (0.5kg)