Amphion Argon 1
Amphion Argon 1
The Amphion Argon 1 is a premium standmount speaker offering exceptional imaging, flexible positioning and surprisingly deep bass. Often manufacturers strive for a certain sound. For Amphion's Argon series speakers, the reference is what we hear in real life. Nothing less. Nothing more.
The special forté of Argon 1 is its reference quality mid-range resolution and surprisingly low reaching bass response.
Shortlist Argon 1 if you are looking for a world class mini monitor for a small room or intend to build an easy to place full range 2.1 or 5.1 reference system.
The near-field performance of Argon 1 has already surprised many studio veterans. You can enjoy the same qualities in your computer based desktop system.
Like its big brother Argon 1 is one of the natural and neutral sounding speakers commercially available. A very high level of transparency means that you can hear deeper into your favourite recordings.
Even if Argon 1 benefits from first rate signal chain, surprising results can be achieved also with reasonably modest amplifiers.
- Operating principle: 2-way, vented
- Tweeter: 1" titanium
- Mid / woofer: 5,25" aluminium
- Crossover point: 1600 Hz
- Impedance: 8 Ω
- Sensitivity: 86 dB
- Frequency response: 45 - 20,000 Hz +/-3dB
- Power recommendation: 20 - 150 W
- Dimensions (h x w x d): 316 x 160 x 265 mm
- Weight: 8 kg
- Variations: full white, standard white, white with black grids, black, walnut veneer, white with coloured grilles (9 different standard colours plus custom RAL colours)