Hegel unveils its brand new H590 reference integrated amplifier
Hegel unveiled its brand new integrated H590 reference amplifier at the 2018 High End Society show in Munich last month.
This integrated all-in-one concentrates all the know-how of the Norwegian manufacturer and includes all of their latest technological advances. With its new D/A converter, two XLR balanced inputs and 300 watts per channel, Hegel is clearly aiming to offer one of the best amplifiers on the market, capable of driving a wide range of speakers that need power to release all their musical potential.
The H590 marks an important milestone in the history of Hegel, which has invested the high-end market with a powerful integrated amplifier offering streamer and converter functions to meet a growing demand. The success of the H360, H190, Röst and H90 integrated amplifiers, as well as the other products developed by Hegel show the dynamism of this manufacturer and its ability to innovate with proprietary technologies.
- Power: 2 x 300W (8 Ω)
- Damping factor: 4,000
- Minimum load: 2 Ω
- Signal to noise ratio: greater than 100 dB
- Crosstalk rate: less than -100 dB
- Speaker terminals: Mundorf pure copper OFC
- Analogue inputs: two balanced XLR and three unbalanced RCA
- Analogue outputs: Fixed RCA, Variable RCA
- Digital inputs: 1 BNC 75 Ohm, 1 RCA Coax, 3 Toslink Optical, 1 USB, 1 RJ45 (Streamer)
- Digital output: 1 BNC 75 Ohm
- Converter: AKM with PCM 24/192 kHz, DSD 64, 128 and 256 (USB), 2nd generation MQA, Control 4, UPnP and AirPlay Streamer
The Hegel H590 is expected to cost around £10,000. The first units will ship in October. You can pre-order yours now.